This Blog was created by world-class provider of embedded systems training and consultancy, Feabhas founder Niall Cooling. His aim was to cover, in a no-nonsense manner, aspects centered on Real-Time and Embedded Systems (RTES) Software.
Today, it is read by thousands of people, many of whom use it as a valuable reference source and to improve their understanding of particular embedded software aspects. Some key areas of experience and/or interest include:
- Programming – mainly C and C++
- Design – “Real-Time” UML
- Platforms – Real-Time Operating Systems (RTOS) and Embedded Linux
Orthogonal to this is looking at Competency and Training relating to RTESs, significantly:
- How well do we prepare graduates for developing software for RTESs?
- Can e-learning replace Instructor-led-training (ILT)?
- Can we define a set of skills and knowledge that characterise competency for RTES development?
- Is Software Engineering Engineering?
Finally in Niall’s own words: “I will likely splatter my postings with random thoughts and observations derived from my love of gadgets (king among them is my iPhone), being a geek-Dad (seeing what kids are learning at school) and involvement in the wider embedded systems community.”
- Modern Embedded C++ – Deprecation of volatile - May 12, 2021
- GitHub Codespaces and online development - January 28, 2021
- VSCode, Dev Containers and Docker: moving software development forward - January 21, 2021